All requests and remarks posted on this blog, have been shared with the developers of the concerning products. The Feature Requests blog is my independent way of sharing, and recording both ideas and annoyance about software. Improvement is the main goal.

woensdag 5 november 2014

Relative (internal) paths in After Effects Projects

When working on a complex After Effects project for (in my case) a series of television programs, I like to make subfolders for each episode.
Most of the time, I make a copy of the previous episode and then rework it to reflect the needs of the next.
But when a folder is copied, the links to PreComps and footage, appear to be absolute: these keep directing to the PreComps and footage that reside in the previous folder.
This results in me having to replace all PreComps and footage manually, which makes the effort of copying folder less worthy.


I would love to have the choice to make links relative. In that case a copied folder links to the copied footage and PreComps.

Solutions are welcome!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten